D23 Expo 2022 today featured an entire showcase of video games from Disney, Pixar, and Marvel, and we’ve got a look at all the new titles, DLC, and more playable content that has been revealed!
What is happening:
- Live from D23 Expo, Disney and wonder Entertainment has announced a variety of amazing new game titles and game updates during the first-ever Disney & Marvel Games Showcase.
- New games revealed for the first time include Disney Illusion Island, TRON: Identity, Gargoyles Remastered and MARVEL World of Heroes.
- The digital showcase also featured new content revealed for Disney Dreamlight Valley, Disney Mirrorverse, Disney Speedstorm, Marvel Midnight Suns, MARVEL Strike Force, LEGO star wars: The Skywalker Saga, Avatar: Reckoning, Aliens: Dark Descent, and the start of Skydance New Media’s Marvel Set Adventure Trailer.
- The games showcase can be viewed in its entirety below, followed by a full list of announcements made during the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase.
Newly Announced Titles:
- Disney’s Island of Illusions: Join the Fab Four – Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy – on an all-new quest to explore the mysterious islands of Monoth and collect three mystical books to save the world from disaster. From Disney and Dlala Studios, Disney Illusion Island debuts exclusively on the Nintendo Switch console in 2023. Wishlist on Nintendo eShop today.
- TRON: Identity: This visual novel adventure follows Query, a detective program tasked with solving the mystery of an unprecedented crime. Inspired by the TRON franchise, this new puzzle and mystery game from Bithell Games is coming to PC and console in 2023.
- Remastered Gargoyles: The classic ’90s platformer comes to modern consoles and PCs with updated visuals and controls in collaboration with Empty Clip Studios.
- Wonder | Skydance New Media Project: The upcoming narrative ensemble adventure game from Skydance New Media and Marvel Entertainment is set in the Marvel Universe and features an original story that will take players on a World War II-era adventure with four playable heroes to various story points: a young Steve Rogers, aka Captain America; Azzuri, T’Challa’s grandfather and World War II Black Panther; Gabriel Jones, an American soldier and member of the Howling Commandos; and Nanali, leader of the newly formed Wakandan spy ring. Skydance New Media is directed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig. This title marks the first initiative of the new AAA game studio.
- MARVEL World of Heroes: Developed in collaboration with Niantic and Marvel Entertainment, MARVEL World of Heroes will allow you to create your own superhero identity and team up with your favorite Marvel characters in the real world. This AR mobile game will launch globally on mobile devices in 2023. Players can pre-register now at marvelworldofheroes.com.
Launching this year:
- Back to Monkey Island (September 19): Guybrush Threepwood – fearless hero and mighty pirate – embarks on a thrilling new adventure across the Caribbean in this thrilling return to the series. Return to the Monkey Island releases on PC and Nintendo Switch on September 19, International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- MARVEL SNAP (October 18): Nuverse, Second Dinner, and Marvel Entertainment today announced that the highly anticipated game, MARVEL SNAP, will launch worldwide on mobile and PC on October 18. MARVEL SNAP is a groundbreaking gaming experience that unleashes the entire Marvel Multiverse in fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping card battle. Players can pre-register for the game now.
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns (December 2): A new shared gameplay trailer that Marvel’s Midnight Suns will launch on December 2 for Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5. Additionally, Marvel’s Midnight Suns Prequel Shorts have been announced – a set of five short videos that provide backstory on the formation of the young core of the Midnight Suns. The first video will be released on October 31, 2022 via Marvel Entertainment’s YouTube channel.
- Disney’s Dream Valley of Lights: Now available in Early Access, Disney Dreamlight Valley has unveiled a new kingdom based on Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story. Arriving in the Valley later this year, the Kingdom brings beloved characters Woody and Buzz Lightyear and new series-inspired quests to this life-sim adventure game.
- Disney’s Mirror Universe: When the Halloween season rolls around, players will be able to unlock new Guardians, including mighty Hades and other villainous surprises in this divergent Disney and Pixar universe. Disney Mirrorverse is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Disney Speed Storm: An exclusive look at the first update scheduled for the upcoming Disney Speedstorm showed off new racers from Disney and Pixar’s Monsters, Inc, including Sulley, Mike Wazowski, Celia Mae and Randall, and a new track inspired by Monsters, Inc. , “The Factory.” Disney Speedstorm will soon be available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation5, PlayStation4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.
- MARVEL Strike Force: Red Hulk is unleashed in MARVEL Strike Force on September 13th. Recruit this fiery brawler as Apocalypse’s newest War Rider. MARVEL Strike Force is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- LEGO Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga: The brand new LEGO Star Wars Galactic Edition: The Skywalker Saga launches November 1 with 13-character packs, including 6 new packs, adding fan favorites including Cassian Andor, Reva, Captain Rex, and more. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Galactic Edition will be available for the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox Series X, PlayStation5, PlayStation4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
- Avatar: Grateful: A preview of this mobile MMORPG shooter gave players a taste of how you’ll customize your own Avatar and explore new regions of Pandora through multiple game modes. Avatar: Reckoning is coming soon to the mobile devices.
- Aliens: Dark Descent: A first look at the gameplay of this tactical squad-based action game showed how players will command the Colonial Marines as they investigate an outbreak of xenomorphs when the game arrives next year on PC and consoles.