The latest free PC game available on the Epic Games Store is DAEMON X MACHINE, developed by Marvelous Inc. and published by XSEED Games. Anyone can permanently add it to their library until Thursday, February 3 at 5 p.m., when it will be replaced by the platformer Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair from Playtonic.
DAEMON X MACHINA originally launched on Nintendo Switch over two years ago. It didn’t really excite our reviewer Dave Aubrey at the time, who decided to give it a 5.5 out of 10.
DAEMON X MACHINA can truly be visually stunning and sound incredible. But when I play the game, I just can’t get rid of a feeling of disappointment. DAEMON X MACHINA can be beautiful and ugly, and only the biggest robot fans will be able to look past the least flattering half of the game’s face. Great music and a great sense of style can’t hide the fact that this game is boring or frustrating to play.
The PC version became available a few months later, in early 2020. It has 4K support, high-resolution textures, and its frame rate can go up to 200 FPS.
“Welcome to your battlefield.”
You are an outsider, a new race of human beings that emerged following the calamity of Moonfall. As a mercenary from the Orbital organization, you are at the forefront of a desperate war for humanity’s survival against the Immortals, corrupt AIs who have rebelled against their human creators. At the controls of a fully customizable robot known as the Arsenal, you must team up with mercenaries like yourself and complete missions to defeat the Immortals once and for all. But beware, in a war waged by mercenaries, today’s allies may become tomorrow’s enemies.
From the visionary mind of Kenichiro Tsukuda and pioneering robot designer Shoji Kawamori came a new generation of high-speed robot action combat.
FEATURES OF DAEMON X MACHINA
- Fly over the battlefield and engage in frenetic, high-stakes mechanical combat against corrupted machines and colossal gargantuan immortals.
- Fully customize your robot Arsenal with a variety of weapons and parts to your exact specifications.
- Scavenge defeated enemies for coins and weapons, which you can use on the fly on the battlefield.
- Customize your player avatar with a variety of cosmetic options. Go under the knife and receive significant body modifications to learn new skills at the expense of your human appearance.
- Team up with players in online co-op mode to destroy bosses or take on exploration missions together to map immortal bases and unlock powerful gear.
- Compete against other players in 1v1 or 2v2 Versus mode and climb the leaderboard to become the best mercenary.