Discover the lives of Riley and Rochelle, two musicians from two different sides of the tracks, as they find their voices, become superstars, fall in love and fall apart. Immerse yourself in 90s nostalgia as you piece together their lives by listening to their original and diverse music spanning their entire careers, browsing their diaries, and researching real events to find out who they are in this rich narrative puzzle game.
Reminisce about 90s pop culture and counterculture while deciding for yourself what makes art authentic. When does the pressure of creation become too strong? Who can actually make art? And does becoming a star mean selling yourself?
Both from extremely different backgrounds, Riley & Rochelle are an unexpected love story that no one saw coming. As you piece together their lives by reading journal entries, listening to their moving soundtracks, and more, you’ll discover what drives them, their loves, their losses, their innermost thoughts and feelings. Correctly fill in the dates in their diaries to piece together the puzzle of who they really are and choose who wins in the end when you make your movie.
Hailing from a working-class Detroit family, Riley Stone struggled in rock and roll clubs selling tapes out of the back of his car and working his way through the indie music scene…until what he crashes into Rochelle’s limo at the Oscars.
Long destined for stardom, Rochelle Robert was pushed through the children’s pageantry scene by her mother in the Quebec region until she was discovered by a sleazy pageant judge who didn’t have her best interests in mind at eighteen. She quickly moves on, finding her own way to New York and into the spotlight
Riley and Rochelle also feature an all-star voice-over cast including the likes of Chuck Klosterman and gaming industry folks Xavier Nelson Jr, Tanya X. Short and Jay Tholen. Created by Sheinman Games (from Rivals and Echo Beach), the game invites the player to engage in a rich and immersive narrative while getting an insider’s look at the musical world of the 90s that answers the question “what would happen it if Elliott Smith and Celine Dion fell in love?”.
Consider what makes love work, what it takes to make art, and can the two exist in tandem?
- Discover a rich history that will take you on an emotional roller coaster of humor, sadness and contemplation as you get to know the real Riley & Rochelle
- Piece together Riley and Rochelle’s past using the soundtrack, journal entries, and anything at your disposal
- Make a move and choose your movie’s ending – who, if anyone, will have a happy one?
- Revel in 90s nostalgia from VH1 to VHS, immerse yourself in music, culture, fashion and more
- Extensive and dynamic soundtrack covering everything from 90s pop ballads to indie grunge
- Doves Ran – La Rochelle
- Riley Catherall – Riley
- Daniel Duke – Brandon
- Liv Clark – Daphnee Elvira
- Jay Tholen – Himself
- Emily Snyder – Sadie
- Voice cast:
- Adam Blanford – TV Presenter
- Agnes McCuen – Little Girl
- Alexis Strum – Talulah
- B. Narr – Sarah Spheeris
- Chuck Klosterman – Bret
- Dashiell Asher – Trent Trojan
- Meabh de Brun – Niamh Ryan
- Nicholas Lariviere – Journo 1
- Ed Grabianowski – Dave Savant
- Emily Snyder – Sadie Safdie
- Fiona Thraille – Fiona
- Garan Fitzgerald – TV Presenter
- Gavin Murphy – Hal Robson
- Julie Hoverson – Aimee Heron
- Karim Kronfli – Osman Ozdemir
- Karin Heimdahl – Frida
- Laryssa Yanchak – Stephanie Lavoie
- Owen McCuen – radio DJ
- Thomas Rawson – Announcer
- Chris Rivera – Dan Draper
- Philip Sacramento – Riley/Brandon
- Sarah Golding – Orla Ryan
- Shaun Grace – Leif
- Tanya X Short – Interviewer
- Xalavier Nelson Junior – Benz
- Marie-Eve Tremblay – Berenice
- Zaida-Joy Davis – Rochelle
Riley and Rochelle comes to PC (Steam) for $14.99.
More articles on Riley and Rochelle