Simple strategies to transcribe the content of your Youtube video or video game
Video to text transcription is the process of converting your video content to text using special software, human professionals, or a combination of both. Without a text version of your video, your content relies solely on audiovisual material to share information with your subscribers.
There are many reasons for video creators to hire a YouTube transcription service.
and transcribe their content. We’re going to share the most compelling as well as the best strategies to make sure you can transcribe your videos properly.
Reasons to transcribe your Youtube video content
There are 3 main reasons that are important for any blogger, video player, content creator:
- Boost your SEO
First of all, high quality video transcription is proven to take your SEO to the next level. You need to understand that search engines don’t crawl and rank a video, but they can analyze your text and help you promote your YouTube channel. Some studies show significant increases in inbound traffic after adding text transcripts. They also boost user engagement. So if you want your content to be more searchable, help search engines with valuable text that will attract more users.
- Create a better user experience
Once people find your YouTube channel, you need to take advantage of every opportunity to provide them with a smooth user experience. How can audio to text transcription help you? There are several options:
- People learn differently, so you can give them more options to digest your YouTube content;
- A text version of your video also makes it easier to find topics in the content;
- Playlist Search will help your subscribers find keywords in an entire playlist and access a video’s timestamps with them;
- Interactive transcripts keep viewers engaged and provide a better user experience.
Of course, you need the highest quality service to achieve your goals, and we’ll share the wise strategies with you. But there is another reason to transcribe your content that you surely cannot miss.
- Make your content accessible
You should always look for options to grow your audience. The more people who can understand your content, the better the results. Think about deaf and hard of hearing viewers – surely they need you to create captions because otherwise they just won’t be able to watch your videos. Think about people whose first language is not English. Video captions will help them navigate your content, especially if it has multiple speakers, a noisy background, heavy accent and jargon, etc.
The ultimate strategies for transcribing your Youtube videos or video game content
Now that you know what benefits you get when having your video content transcribed, it’s time to find out what strategies you can use to achieve your goals.
There are 7 different ways that come with their pros and cons:
- Use a mobile transcription app. Apple and Android stores have various apps that help content creators always on the go. Chances are your device has a built-in microphone, so you can start converting your audio file immediately during the recording process. However, be careful that these apps offer a low level of precision, and you will have to edit some draft text, get rid of typos and errors, add some formatting, etc. The good news is that most of these tools are free.
- Use desktop voice-to-text software. This tool works the same as the previous one, and the only important difference is that you can install software on your PC. Such apps come with more editing tools, but they are still easy to use. Don’t expect a high level of accuracy, however, but this is a good tool for beginners who want to understand how transcription works.
- Look for free online transcription tools. You can find a transcription website that doesn’t charge anything. Such tools require a good internet connection and exceptional quality of your audio or video file. What we really like about this option is that it can provide you with really quick result. However, you still need to take some time for editing.
- Use YouTube’s automatic captioning. Accuracy ranges from 50 to 80%, depending on the quality of your content. You have to understand that this option is not absolutely reliable, especially if your video is full of background noise, there are several speakers with different accents, etc. However, if some of your videos have clear sound, moderate speed, or you just need basic captions, this can be a good option.
- Do it yourself. Some junior bloggers actually transcribe their videos themselves. On the one hand, it’s a chance to keep your content secure since you don’t need to rely on someone else. It’s free and you can manage the level of precision. Are there any pitfalls? Of course there are! Transcription takes time, and once you start converting audio to text, you understand that. Plus, it’s a pretty boring process and you would surely prefer to focus on more creative tasks.
- Use a reliable automated transcription service. There are plenty of AI-based tools that can provide you with a decent result anytime you want. They work better than free mobile or desktop programs because the developers are constantly improving the algorithms. Machines learn from people and provide them with truly impressive results. These tools usually come with editing options, so you can proofread your documents and upload an acceptable draft.
- Hire a professional human transcription service. Apparently, this is the best option you can take advantage of. The process takes time and costs a little more than the other options, but the required result is guaranteed. If your main goal is to provide your subscribers with the highest level of content, then you need to choose this strategy and find a trustworthy provider.
With these strategies in your toolkit, you can analyze your goals and expectations and come up with a winning solution. Take this opportunity to grab the attention of your audience, get more viewers, and take your Youtube videos and video game content to the next level!