There’s no doubt that we’ve seen an influx of mobile game controllers over the past couple of years given the growing popularity of mobile games and services like Xbox Cloud Gaming. Turtle Beach is the latest to join the fray with its first mobile game controller. However, unlike other companies that opt for a controller that you slide your phone into, they stick with a full-size controller with a phone clip.
Turtle Beach’s Xbox Recon Cloud Hybrid Controller builds on its award-winning Recon Controller and works on mobile devices, Xbox consoles, and PC computers. For mobile devices, this hybrid controller offers over 30 hours of battery life. On PC or Xbox, gamers can use the included 10ft braided USB cable to access more features like Turtle Beach’s Superhuman Hearing, custom audio presets, and more.
“The response to our first wave of console and PC game controllers has been overwhelmingly positive, and now we’re expanding our reach in this market even further to bring the same uncompromising, award-winning controls to mobile gamers. The Recon Cloud is the first of our expanded range of mobile controllers launched this year, with additional new products designed for iOS and other consoles coming soon.
Juergen Stark, President and CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation
The Xbox Recon Cloud Hybrid Controller features the same ergonomic shape and cooling grips as the Recon Cloud. Unlike slider-style mobile game controllers, the adjustable phone clip fits almost any size Android phone, even with the phone case on. The clip doubles as a table stand when not attached to the controller for even more use.
Key features of the latest Turtle Beach controller include:
- Designed for Xbox and Cloud Gaming: Equipped with a detachable 10ft/3m braided cable for wired use with Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Windows PCs, or flip the input switch to play wirelessly on Android 8.0+ devices and Windows PCs.
- Long-lasting cordless battery: Play mobile games for days with a 30-hour rechargeable battery, and the controller fully charges in just 2.5 hours.
- Free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: A free one-month subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate provides access to an extensive library of games.
- Built for Cloud Gaming: Go beyond the Xbox Game Pass library on mobile and play controller-compatible games on GeForce Now, Stadia, Steam Link, and more.
- Reactive Controls: Game confidently with textured triggers and bumpers, a precise 8-way D-pad, and smooth controller movement.
- Ergonomic cooling handles: Micro-cooling channels and a comfortable fit keep hands cool and dry while reducing fatigue during long gaming sessions.
- Pro-Aim Focus Mode: One of two mappable buttons, Pro-Aim adjusts the sensitivity of the thumbstick for improved accuracy at long range.
- Two mappable quick action buttons: Customize your gaming experience with two mappable buttons, allowing up to four different switchable profiles.
- Superhuman Hearing*: Silent footsteps sneaking up on enemy weapon reloads, exclusive to Turtle Beach superhuman hearing Sound tuning lets gamers hear every detail for the ultimate gaming audio advantage.
- Turtle Beach Signature Presets*: Customize game audio with four audio equalizer presets: Signature Sound, Bass Boost, Bass & Treble Boost, and Vocal Boost.
- Immersive vibration feedback*: Dual rumble motors in the grips and triggers provide enhanced feedback for ultra-realistic next-gen gameplay.
- 3.5mm headphone connection*: Enjoy Turtle Beach’s proven audio enhancements by plugging in any connected 3.5mm headset.
- Microphone monitoring*: Listen and adjust the volume of your own voice to avoid shouting during the chat.
- Mix game and chat*: Conveniently located game and chat mixer controls.
- REMARK: Features marked with * are only available in wired mode
The Recon Cloud Hybrid Controller is available for pre-order today at www.turtlebeach.com and participating retailers worldwide for US$99.99 and will launch on October 16, 2022. It is available in blue or black colorways.
What do you think of the Turtle Beach Xbox Recon Cloud Hybrid Controller? Will you choose one or do you prefer the sliding controller type? Let us know on social media using the buttons below.
Last updated September 15, 2022.