The Switch is an ideal system for a little exercise of the mind, with Nintendo’s own Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (which strangely never reached North America) and the next Big Brain Academy: Brain versus Brain, as well as smaller download efforts focused only on particular puzzle types. Another is coming soon for those who like confusing words.
It is Word forward, coming to Switch via Thalamus Digital having been originally created for mobile and PC / Mac by Rocketship Park. It has racked up millions of players via platforms like Itch.io, Android, and iOS, and looks like an interesting take on the genre – some of its official blurb is below.
Can you use all the letters on the 5×5 grid to make the words disappear and clear the board? Word Forward isn’t about spelling the longest or smartest words – it’s about using a chess-like strategy to clear each tile and declare victory in 500 puzzles. It takes intelligence and cunning – Word Forward is a puzzle that will really get you thinking!
PLAY the # 1 word puzzle game enjoyed by over 6 million people around the world.
– SPELL words by drawing a line between tiles in any direction, including diagonally
– EXCHANGE any two letters on the grid using an EXCHANGE TOKEN, earned during the game
– JUMBLE tiles on the grid to replace all letters with new ones when all else fails
– CHANGE the letter on a tile to any other letter you choose using the SWAP MODIFIER
– ELIMINATE stubborn tiles with BOMBS to get you out of a tight spot
It will release December 3 in North America and Europe – its default price will be $ 4.99, but it’s 50% off pre-orders.
Let us know in the comments if you’re tempted to grab this one.